At Home Nursing Services provides Professional Geriatric Case Management services in order to assist elders to remain independently at home.
What is Case Management?
Case Management addresses the needs of the “whole person”, involving the emotional, spiritual, social and psychological needs in addition to the someone’s physical needs. A Case Manager will assess the needs and provide options for individualized care. The goal of Case Management is to promote and support independence and self-sufficiency.
Our Professional Care Managers provide:
- Initial consultation to assess the total needs and provide a plan of care
- Ongoing coordination, service planning, management of in home care and supervision of the caregivers
- Preventative Care and ongoing monitoring and reassessment
- A single point of access and assurance that the elder’s needs are met
- Crisis intervention
- Support, counseling and proactive approach to the aging process
- A professional liaison with family members out of the area
A Case Manager’s role is to coordinate and facilitate access to timely and appropriate health care services and ensure continuity through the recovery or aging process.
Our Case Managers can:
- Fill Medi-sets
- Coordinate care with multiple MD offices
- Order medications
- Provide skilled nursing visits to oversee their care
- Assist with transportation
- Provide continual updates to families
- Assist with referrals for other needed services as issues arise