Do you have a loved one that may be experiencing signs of Dementia or have been given a recent diagnosis of Dementia &/or Alzheimer’s?
At Home Nursing Non Medical Elder Care Services supports families by providing the in home care assistance needed to allow people to stay in their homes through our “Thoughtful Insights Memory Care Program”. Our specially trained caregivers have the skills to help clients maintain their independence while remaining safe in their homes & allowing families much needed respite & support.
At Home Nursing Non Medical Elder Care Services has over 17 years of experience providing Alzheimer & Dementia care services to seniors in their own homes here in Sonoma County. Over 85 % of our clients over the years have some type of Dementia & our Agency equips our caregivers with the necessary tools to provide effective care while providing the support necessary to prevent burn out.
Signs of Alzheimer’s or Dementia:
- Memory changes that disrupt daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure.
- Confusion with time & place.
- Trouble understanding visual images & spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things & losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor judgment.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood & personality.
According to the Alzheimer’s Association:
- Estimate that 5.3 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s
- By 2050, there will be up to 16 million with Alzheimer’s
- Nearly 2/3 of those with Alzheimer’s (3.2 million) are women
- Less than ½ (45%) of Seniors diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or their caregivers are aware of their diagnosis
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the US & 5th leading cause of death for those over 65
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
Alzheimer’s is a disease of the brain that causes problems with memory, thinking & behavior. As the most common form of dementia, it creates changes in a person’s ability to function & stay safely at home.
At Home Nursing Non Medical Elder Care Services assists clients & their families by providing qualified caregivers. Our “Thoughtful Insights Memory Care Program” trains our caregivers in the disease process, the different kinds of dementia, how to handle the symptoms for each, how to redirect clients, keeping clients with dementia safe, & finding activities that find a client’s positive spark. Activities such as games, puzzles, music; whatever seems to work well or has been part of their past is identified to try & help make the most of the client’s day. Our Nurse Home Care Supervisors work with the caregivers to mentor, support & offer encouragement, while ensuring that clients in our care are doing well & are kept safe.
Families who are dealing with a loved one demonstrating signs of dementia are stressed & or depressed by the over whelming tasks & challenge presented by this disease. It is an emotional roller coaster & takes its’ toll on the entire family. At Home Nursing Non Medical Elder Care Services & its’ “Thoughtful Insights Memory Care Program” provides caregivers comfortable with caring for these clients in their homes while providing the families with much needed respite.
Contact us now at 707-546-8773 to find out more about our program & compassionate team of caregivers, to get more information or to schedule a FREE in-home assessment.